2019 GÉANT Community Award
Nominations are now closed for the 2019 GÉANT Community Award. To see the 2019 winner and all previous winners click here
- Initiators of significant new ideas or improvements which have had lasting impact on the organisation, project or community.
- Impactful contributors to the GÉANT project or wider community activities over a sustained period of time.
- Outstanding contributions to the project or community which have immediately led to significant and recognisable new ideas, developments or improvements over the last 12 months.
Nominations are made by:
- representatives of European NRENs and their connected institutions;
- staff employed or sub-contracted by GÉANT, by GÉANT Project partner organisations, or by GÉANT member organisations (associates and national or representative members);
- individuals who participate in one or more GÉANT task force, special interest group, or other GÉANT activities, whether by attending meetings or simply being on the mailing list;
- other individuals who have registered to attend TNC19.
Andres Steijaert (SURFnet) was 2018 GÉANT Community Award winner. He was honoured for his contribution to research and education networking, but specifically ‘for perseverance and dedication in the work undertaken to bring cloud offerings to the GÉANT community’.
To see winners in previous years, please go to the