TNC news: One month left to submit TNC16 proposals
02 November 2015 | Amsterdam, Netherlands
The TNC16 Programme Committee is still welcoming proposals for sessions and specific presentations for next year's networking conference. If you would like to submit an idea for a session or a presentation, you have about one month left.
The deadline for submitting presentation abstracts and session proposals is midnight CET on Monday 30 November 2015.
TNC16, its 32nd edition, will be hosted by CESNET, the Czech national research and education network (NREN) organisation and held in the picturesque, UNESCO World Heritage listed city of Prague in the Czech Republic between 12-16 June 2016.
Building the Internet of People
The theme of the conference will be 'Building the Internet of People'. This means the event will not only focus on the latest (networking) technology, but will also specifically highlight people from the worldwide research and education networking community who make innovation possible.
Explore the challenges
With the TNC16 Call for Proposals we invite you to explore the challenges that the research and education networking community faces while continuing to build the internet of people. Submissions are sought for a single presentation or a full session that attempt to answer, but are not limited to answering questions such as:
- What is needed to further satisfy the changing research and education (networking) user needs?
- How can NRENs best cope with the changing landscape of funding and security requirements?
- What roles in the area of cloud services are, and are not, suitable for an NREN?
- How can developed and developing NRENs more closely collaborate with each other, on a regional, European and global scale?
- Which advances in technology are hot, and relevant for the NRENs, in 2016 and beyond?
All submissions should reflect the conference theme to a substantial degree (to be decided by the Programme Committee) and must be submitted in English, the official language of the conference.
Other ways to participate
- If you wish to organise a meeting or workshop immediately before, after or around TNC16, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
before 15 January 2016.
Lightning talk - Present an idea, cautionary tale quick tip or collaboration invitation within a 5-minute slot. There are two deadlines for submitting proposals: midnight CET on 12 February 2016 and midnight CEST on 15 April 2016.
Poster - Present your work in the form of a poster that you can discuss during coffee breaks. The deadline for submitting abstracts is midnight CEST on 15 April 2016.
GÉANT community networking conferences have been at the heart of the development of research and education networking for around three decades. Decision makers, technical experts, solution providers and users gather to share views and to help shape the future of research and education networking. GÉANT looks forward to connecting with you in Prague and to hearing your views on ‘Building the Internet of People’!