GÉANT and Korea-based TEIN*CC (TEIN* Cooperation Center) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) today at TNC18 in Trondheim, reaffirming their commitment to strengthen cooperation in support of R&E communities across Europe and Asia-Pacific.
TEIN*CC had entered previous partnership agreements with DANTE (2012) and TERENA (2014) which are now brought together into a single MoU, reflecting the existing long-standing relationship between European and Asia-Pacific R&E networking organisations.
The following cooperation and support intentions were agreed upon in the memorandum:
- maintain the interconnection of TEIN, the Asia-Pacific regional network, with GÉANT (currently 10G), with the possibility of further upgrading in the future;
- identify opportunities for leveraging each other's organisational resources for mutual benefit and continue to utilise the expertise and consultancy support of GÉANT to assist TEIN*CC successfully deliver the EU-funded Asi@Connect project;
- GÉANT to provide support services awarded through the Asi@Connect Call for Proposals (CFPs): CSIRT, federated access etc.
- support broader inter-regional community collaborations in areas of mutual interest, such as Future Internet technologies and test beds;
- seek opportunities for joint dissemination and promotion.
The term of this MoU is to August 2021, for the duration of the current Asi@Connect project.