Key benefits of eduTEAMS
eduTEAMS provides a central point for the community to manage its user membership, to connect Identity Providers and Service Providers and to define and apply access and sharing policies.
Leveraging the ubiquitous presence of eduGAIN federated identities, eduTEAMS enables the community members to use the identities from their home organisations (HO) for authentication and identification purposes, while augmenting the information available from the HO, with community specific information, such as membership and roles within the community.
As research crosses not only countries but sectors, eduTEAMS caters also for communities with users such as those from industry or citizen scientists who do not have access to eduGAIN. eduTEAMS supports a long list of external (non-eduGAIN) Identity Providers, such as social networks, community operated identity providers and other platforms that can provide federated user identities.
- "Turn-key" solution for creating and managing Community AAIs following the AARC Blueprint Architecture. Available as:
- a shared platform, managed and operated by GÉANT, that can be used by small - medium communities and the long tail of science;
- dedicated service offering, specific to community, managed by the community and operated by GÉANT
- Via eduTEAMS users sign in to community services using their preferred identity provider
- Provides single point for community managers and users to manage their communities and account preferences
- Versatile user and membership management capabilities that can meet the needs of small and large–scale communities
- Flexible user registration flows
- Group and role management
- Linking of multiple accounts
- eduTEAMS reduces complexity for Service Providers by providing one integration point for all services
- Service Providers need only to configure their services to use the eduTEAMS Identity Provider and everything else is provided by the platform (integration with eduGAIN, integration with Guest Identity Providers, Identity Provider Discovery Service, Attribute Aggregation, Account Linking)
- Multi-protocol support (SAML, OIDC, OAuth2, X.509v3)
- Support for non-web based services, such as SSH access, access to HTTP APIs etc